Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Three Things at Once

So this morning I spent time trying to do three things at once. I tried to nurse, blog, and teach Emily how to make pancakes from scratch. I did pretty well for a while but something eventually had to give and so I opted to quit nursing. Just kidding! I had to stop blogging and concentrate on my family. Sometimes though I wonder what it would be like if we could manage 3 things at once. Not mentally (I know most women are mentally juggling a lot more than 3 things) but physically. You could be cleaning the house, caring for the baby, and reading or blogging all at once. It would be loverly! Maybe I would get a clean house then or knowing my luck I would just be messing up three things at once. I probably should just concentrate on whatever I am doing at the time and do it to the best of my ability! Things tend to get messed up when we have our attention focused on too many things at once. Which is fine if it’s related to some of the more mundane aspects of life but when it comes to our children we can’t afford to lose focus. So I’m going to pray that God will help me focus and that whatever one thing I am doing at the time I can do it in such a way as to please Him. God has His work cut out I think I have Attention Deficit Disorder! :)

Yesterday Margaret was a really high maintenance baby. Most babies are high maintenance but you sorta get used to it after awhile but yesterday was more intense than usual. By the time evening came around I was just exhausted and cranky and I just wanted to EAT a lot! I hate that about myself. I hate that when anything in my life is just a little off I turn to food. How do I change that? Especially the eating when tired!

OK will all that being said….Where’s the chocolate?


No comments:

Post a Comment