Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Not so Quiet Time

Before the baby most nights I would end the day by having a nice long bubble bath. It was my 30 min of quiet alone time. So tonight I decided that I really needed that alone time again. So I gave the baby to my dear husband and made a nice hot bubble bath. As soon as I got in the three year old had to go potty so in he came. As soon as he saw me in the tub his little eyes lit up and he asked me if he could get in the tub. I told him no but that when I was finished he could take a bath. Before I could get him out of the bathroom another child came in to go potty. So now I have two children talking non stop to me. Alicia finally came to my rescue and shooed them out but Jack realizing that Daddy was busy with baby and Alicia was distracted was soon back at the bathroom door. This time he brought his echoing microphone so that he could be extra loud and annoying. Here is a short excerpt of his echoed rantings at my door, ” Mom are you done yet?, Is it my turn mom?, Now is it? Now? Now? Now?, Effalumps and Woozles, Effalumps and Woozles, Effalumps are scary!, Now? Now? Now are you done? Mom, Get out of the tub.” Then he decided to use the microphone as a hammer and start banging on the door. He explained to me that the banging meant “what” as in “what are you doing in there mom?” Soon after the banging started I decided that I couldn’t take much more “quiet time”.


No comments:

Post a Comment