Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4 different ages

I can’t believe I have four different age groups all under one roof. I have three teenagers, two elementary aged girls, a three year old, and a newborn. It is totally crazy. Trying to juggle the needs of all those different ages is a constant challenge. There are days when I think I am nearing the brink of madness. I usually recover pretty quickly though, thanks to my sweet husband who has the amazing ability of talking me off the ledge. Without him I couldn’t survive. Of course without him I wouldn’t have so many children either!
Having teens is emotionally exhausting and having little ones and a newborn is physically exhausting. This means that I am tired all the time. I prefer the physical over the emotional. Being emotionally tired is usually tied to the worry that comes with teenagers. I would love to say that I have trained my children so well that my teens are always making good choices and never get into any trouble, and always have stellar attitudes. Alas, that is not the case. So, while juggling the needs of my little ones, which are rather simple, yet very demanding, I also have the responsibility of trying to help my teens make it to adulthood. Little ones have small problems, while the big ones have big problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment