Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Putting on a Brave Face

Having a large family is hard work and sometimes it is just overwhelming and you go into a survival mode. I’m in survival mode now. Trying hard to keep a brave face on things and not let anyone know how much I’m struggling. If you have two children and your having a hard time you can call a friend and complain and whine a bit and maybe get some sympathy. If you have a large family you don’t call anyone because everyone already thinks your crazy for having a large family and if you complain then they can just say we told you so. I know that sounds a little jaded but anyone with a large family knows what I’m talking about. I hate that. I hate that I feel so alone and tired. The bible talks about not growing weary of doing good and right now I’m weary and my husband is weary and yet there is just so much good that needs to be done. We have 7 children who need us, we have parents who need us, and all the other daily responsibilities. I’m just in need of God’s Mercy and Grace in my life right now!

Two hymns have been going through my head the past two days. Praise my Soul the King of Heaven and King of Love my Shepherd is. I’m really hoping that soon I can get refreshed and live my daily life with more purpose than just mere survival.


No comments:

Post a Comment